Tuesday 22 November 2016


The Whole Package
'neatly wrapped with everything included'


Who would have thought on a rainy Monday morning that I would find myself standing in front of the Tardis?

Well… maybe me a little, I was at the BBC after all.

Sat amongst a crowd of smiling and eager faces, in a small room cleverly named ‘Ambridge’, I learned more about radio in a day than I normally would in a year!

I was invited by the lovely Berni from BBC WM to attend an ‘open doors’ event aimed at charities and small organisations like ourselves. The day was packed full of workshops, tours and knowledge and successfully covering everything from pitching a news story, to radio terminology and how to use your iPhone charger as a tripod (yes, really)! And of course, who wouldn’t love an inside look at the BBC, including props and costumes.

I had a fantastic time meeting various BBC Employees and chatting with friendly faces from like-minded companies, and I would highly recommend getting in on a BBC Open Doors event if you are interested in radio and how to better market your company. 

It’s a 10 from me!




Written by Olivia Buckland

No comments:

Post a Comment